Hotwire is seeking an ambitious, hardworking and motivated Account Executive to join our team in our central London office. Working with the wider Hotwire team, you will implement day-to-day communications activities, carrying out most of the campaign execution and administration. You and your fellow executives will be the engine of the client campaign, driving activities with determination and enthusiasm to deliver results that will make an impact for the client’s business, and make your team shine.
As an Account Executive, you will:
- Work across a portfolio of 6 clients, being responsible for generating results, meeting deadlines and developing relationships with clients and the media
- Be a time management whizz; becoming an expert at delivering work on different campaigns with different teams
- Add real value to your team through your knowledge of the media, your understanding of what makes a great story and how to tell it
- Generate results by pitching client stories to journalists and influencers
- Arrange and staff media interviews and events
- Use your impeccable communication skills to work with clients, journalists and colleagues alike
- Write content for a variety of purposes such as pitches, press releases, blog entries, feature articles and case studies
- Develop client call agendas before calls; taking detailed notes to map out action items post call
- Be the eyes and ears of your clients’ industries, ensuring your account teams are up to speed on what’s happening across the wider sector
- Assist with clients’ social media accounts
- Deliver analytics reports
- Be involved in team brainstorms to create new ideas for campaigns
If you can show:
- 1 year’s plus PR experience, preferably in technology, corporate or B2B PR
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding and passion for technology and how it shapes our society
- A strong ability to spot connections between trends, stories and brands
- A real love for media. You’ll consume newspapers, blogs and content in your personal and work life; reading far and wide
- A can do attitude; knowing that no job is too big or too small
- That you are a real team player, and are willing to muck in whenever and wherever you can!
…and would love to have…
- The freedom and support to develop your ideas and make things happen
- A real focus on work/life balance
- A bright, inspiring and friendly team who do great work and have a lot of fun together
- An exciting, rewarding, long-term career, which brings constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to work in an international environment
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish on Fridays, 25 days’ holiday and great team socials
…then we can’t wait to hear from you!
We are happy to discuss flexible working at interview. Depending on the role, that could mean flexible hours, remote working or part-time hours. We can’t promise to meet every request, but we do promise to have an open conversation.