You are ambitious, creative, love communications and repeatedly deliver big results in-house or within an agency. You’re a seasoned professional, with a strong network and the ability to put that network to work for you. You are a business owner at heart. Client results and agency goals are always at the front of your mind. You’re a natural born leader, passionate about your work and your team. You feel successful when they’re successful.
If you’re ready to create, build and own a profitable business practice, read on…
Vice Presidents at Hotwire are practice owners, innovators and sensei. They are accountable for forming relationships with client executives and have ultimate accountability for the retention and financial performance of their accounts. They participate in management team decisions, initiatives and discussions regarding agency direction, including new product/service development initiatives. Vice Presidents utilize their years of experience and expertise to guide and develop the account teams within their practice area.
For this VP, Media Strategy role, you will be responsible for critical communications and media relations support for our consumer and B2B clients. You will play a key role across multiple accounts while developing and executing strategic communications plans that advance Hotwire’s US media practice and your client’s business objectives. You excel at strategic storytelling and have a rolodex of consumer, trade, business and broadcast media that know you on a first name basis. On an ad-hoc basis, you will assist on crisis communications, executive comms and major events like M&As/IPOs. You love the idea of being able to scale your smarts across the entire agency and create (price/package) strategic services that will positively impact our bottom line.
- Deliver excellent client service
- Demonstrate account and organizational leadership of the highest standards
- Contribute to the success of the agency by closing business and leading new product/service development
- Meet or exceed profitability goals by ensuring clients programs meet or exceed gross margin target
- A minimum of one new anchor client closed per year
- Help recruit, manage and develop top talent…adhering to and enhancing Hotwire’s best practice for building an exceptional culture.
- 100 percent retention of key staff managed by you
- Develop a scalable professional development program to help junior staff get even smarter about strategic media relations
- Work with Senior Director and other specialists to build out Media Strategy Group based on business objectives
- Identify opportunities for packaged services that will contribute to agency’s revenue goals
- Manage a million dollars in client revenue
- Become an expert in Hotwire’s products and services, support the practice areas when needed, provide feedback for improvement and work with staff to identify client needs
- Expand the Hotwire brand through market leadership
- Participate in extended management team meetings and contribute to successful completion of agency-wide initiatives when required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10+ years of experience in communications, PR and / or marketing with progressively increasing responsibility, including management experience required
- Extensive expertise in strategic media relations and thought leadership programs including executive visibility, crises comms, IPO & M&A strategy
- Deep relationships with broadcast and business media in the tech and consumer space is a must
- Experience managing a remote workforce preferred
- Quirky – Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Curious about new trends and theories in learning and development, culture and employee engagement
- Driven to help others succeed
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Has the presence and attributes of a leader - seeks first to understand
- Experience building strong relationships while exercising influence, facilitation, training and negotiating skills to achieve desired results
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Create and conduct effective presentations
- Strong computing knowledge, proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel and spend time in the evenings at industry events
- Excellent communicator with dynamic presence that inspires confidence
- Demonstrated experience in client management and account growth
- Demonstrated experience working with C-level contacts
Hotwire is a global integrated communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our technology communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy,Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.
Hotwire values diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category protected under the law.