You are a sales pro but a modern marketing strategist at heart. You understand the complex nature of selling marketing services and have achieved results in an agency environment. You’re comfortable in any room and have a track record of influencing c-suite executives. You thrive in an incentive based structure where it is your responsibility to build relationships and uncover opportunities with tier one prospective client targets. You can operate under pressure and execute on measurable KPIs.
Hotwire is a global communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change their game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Our communications experts provide our clients with in-depth knowledge and experience of a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, we’re a team, with a ‘one office’ mentality. Our international team works across our 22 locations, including the UK, US, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand, together with affiliate partners. We bring the best of our knowledge, skills and experience to all of our clients wherever they are in the world and are committed to being the best agency they'll ever work with. When it comes to people, Hotwire PR employs collaborative and creative entrepreneurs. Our people are our product. So the hiring, development and promotion of our people is priority number one.
This role reports to the SVP, Business Development, North America. The position requires a minimum of one year of experience at a communications, PR or marketing agency and a tangible understanding of integrated communications services. It will be focused on developing qualified opportunities for the top of our sales funnel. The role will have a mix of cold calling, social selling, email marketing and on-the-ground targeting of prospective clients at key tradeshows.
- Deliver consistent new and qualified opportunities
- Be a social selling expert
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work towards and exceed sales targets
- C-level selling experience
- Ability to understand and sell across all agency services – digital, branding, content marketing, communications and all facets of marketing communications
- Deliver top tier opportunities
- Ability to manage a complex sale
- Drive the outbound new business development effort – driving 8 qualified opportunities per month with a majority of opportunities for our content marketing, digital and brand services
- Deliver $1,500,000 in new business opportunities in the first year
- Deliver 1 ‘big game ($40k/m)” opportunity per quarter
- Deliver opportunities within all key sectors – Healthtech, Fintech, Software & IT, Enterprise, Consumer
- Attend at least 1 networking trade event per week.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience with at least 3 years at an agency
- Demonstrative experience hitting sales targets
- Understanding and an interest in the technology industry
- Established network in the technology and marketing world
- Entrepreneurial skills and interest in building a world class agency
- Quirky – Not afraid to speak up and own your ideas
- Obsessed with continuous improvement
- Curious about how the business works and how you contribute to the organizations success
- Driven to produce excellent results
- Pragmatic and goal oriented
- Developed strong written and presentation communication skills, with the comfort to present ideas and make a case to clients and partner agencies
- Positive, authentic, solution-oriented team player with a good sense of humor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word and Salesforce
Hotwire values diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other category protected under the law.